Russian Work Patent for CIS
Russian Federation Work Patent for CIS
It is obligatory that the citizens of the Commonwealth of Independent States-CIS that are without a visa should obtain Work Patent.
In order to be able to obtain the right of official working in Russia Federation freely, obtaining Work Patent is an obligation. The information that we will be providing below is for the citizens of the Commonwealth of the Independent States and employers who will be employing the citizens of the Commonwealth of Independent States. Quota regime which is applied for the citizens of those foreign countries with which visa procedures are in place is still valid as in the previous years.
Very important... It is absolutely required that the purpose of the entrance to Russia should be marked as Work in the migration cards. Otherwise, no Work Patent application could be made.
Questions and answers about Work Patent, things to know about obtaining Work Patent, How to obtain work permit READ:
- How much is the government fee (Gosposhlina)?
- What are needed for obtaining Work Permit?
- Is Tax Number INN necessary for Work Permit Patent?
- How long does it take to obtain a Work Patent?
- For what it is necessary to obtain a work patent?
- For how long can a Work Patent Holder stay in Russian Federation and is he/she supposed to leave Russia after 90 days?
- What to do if State Fee (NDFL Gosposhlina) is not paid on time?
- Where to do the registration in order to be a holder of Work Patent?
- Can you make a Work Patent?
- Where should the Work Patent Owner's Employment or Job Release Statement be made?
1. State Fee - GOSPOSHLINA
According to Tax laws of Russian Federation, as of 1 December 2015, foreign country citizens that will work by obtaining PATENT are obliged to pay NDFL (Nalog na Dohodi Fizicheskih Lits)-Individual Income Tax (A.K.A. Gosposhlina) each month. This amount is decided to be minimum 4500 rubles per month. You can only pay for 1 month, 2 month or 3 month of gosposhlina. Validity Period of Work Patent is maximum 1 YEAR. Payments for gosposhlina should be monthly. Monthly payments also have an important requirement: Next month’s (i.e. Following month) payment should be made 2 days before the issue date. (Can be made just before 2 days too but CANNOT be made AFTER since it will be deemed as expired).
2. Required DOCUMENTS for obtaining Work Patent in Moscow that gives right to work:
- Copy of the Passport (Colored)
- Notary Certified Passport Translation
- Copy of the Migration Card (Colored) Your purpose of visiting Russia should be definitely marked as RABOTA (working).
- Copy of the Registration (Colored) Registries made by mail are not accepted, it should be registered on legal UVM which is computer based.
- 2 color photographs
- Health Certificate
- Obligatory Health Insurance - DMC (Dobrovolnoe Meditsinskoe Strahovanie)
- Individual has to pass the exams of Russian language, Russian history and Russian Federation legal legislation and get CERTIFICATES proving that they have full knowledge of these subjects.
- INN Document - Individual Tax Number - It facilitates the obtaining and payment of Work Patent, every foreigner should hold an INN document.
3. Is INN Document -Individual Tax Number- required for obtaining Work Patent?
For obtaining Work Permit, INN Document - Individual Tax Number has to be taken.- In case of absence of INN Document -Individual Tax Number, UVM itself takes tax number from Russian Tax Office on behalf of you. Since it requires extra time, obtaining time of Work Patent will be extended more. Obtaining INN Document -Individual Tax Number- will slightly accelerate the process of obtaining Work Patent as well as prevent the possible mistakes
4. How long does it take to obtain a Work Patent?
The duration of Patent obtaining process is 10 work days, i.e. 3 weeks for a foreign citizen according to the Law on migration in force.
5. For what it is necessary to obtain a work patent?
CIS (The Commonwealth of Independent States) located in the Russian Federation, the document certifying that the citizens of CIS countries work legally is called PATENT. There are two types of Working Patents: for those who will work in Business and for Companies. Work Patent is required to stay legal and to work.
A person who obtains a Work Patent extends his/her temporary 3 month registry by making the patent payments on time.
6. For how long can a Work Patent Holder stay in Russia?
In the Russian Federation, the citizens of the CIS (The Commonwealth of Independent States) are allowed to stay for 90 days (not 3 months). No later than the 90th day, they must leave Russia. A Working Patent Holder will extend his/her temporary 3-month registry by making payments on a regular basis. As of the date of entry into Russia, the CIS citizens may stay in the Russian Federation for maximum 1 year on condition that they have a Working Patent.
Important!!! Next month’s (i.e. Following month) payment should be made 2 days before the issue date. (Can be made just before 2 days too but CANNOT be made AFTER since it will be deemed as expired). In case that the Work Patent payment is not made on time, foreign citizen has to leave Russia in 15 days, otherwise the citizen is considered as staying in Russian Federation illegally.
7. Who can obtain the Work Patent?
CIS countries citizens that are legal in Russian Federation and real registry holders (must be on the basis) can obtain the Work Patent.
For example, a CIS citizen has come and you made his/her registry for 3 months, then you can apply for the patent.
8. Where to do the registration in order to be a holder of Work Patent?
Registry of each foreigner entering Russia has to be done in UVM agencies in 7 workdays by the accepting parties. The person himself/herself cannot go to the UVM and make registry. The owner of the house that the person stays can register for the CIS countries citizens as the accepting party, if it is not possible for you, please contact us.
Important!!! Registries made via post are not accepted as a Work Patent application since they do not appear in the UVM basis.
9. Can you make a Work Patent?
NO, we cannot.
However, we can do registry for CIS citizens for the first 3 months.
10. Where should the Work Patent Owner's Employment or Job Release Statement be made?
The only official institution to be notified is UVM (Federal Migrant Service Management).
Notification of UVM (Federal Office for Migration Service): Notification of Recruitment and Release - Уведомление о привлечении (увольнении) УВМ.
Within 3 days of the signing of the employment contract for the foreigners working in the Russian Federation, the employer is obliged to implement the procedures according to the Russian law for the recruitment of foreigners, and the same obligation applies to job release. UVM must be notified within 3 days of termination of the contract. Our company serves in this respect. Please contact us.